Thursday, February 15, 2007

Karen & Steve's Stock the Bar Shower




This past weekend we all got together to celebrate the upcoming nuptials of Karen Ziegler and Steve Smith. It was a "Stock the Bar" shower. Everyone had fun catching up, as it had been too long since the gang was all together. One of Steve's gifts was a bottle of Mad Dog, so most everyone enjoyed taking a sip for old time's sake. That is everyone...except me.


The party started at 7:00 with drinks and dinner, and I surprisingly lasted until 12:30, before making Miz come home with me. He has totally enjoyed having a designated driver for all social functions these past months. Lucky for him, he was able to sleep in the next morning. I, however, volunteered to hand out water to runners at the Mercedes Marathon. I don't know what I was thinking when I signed up to be there at 5:30 am in 20 degree weather! The unfortunate thing was, it wasn't just the cold weather, but when the runners took the drinks from me -they spilled half of it on me, making me even more cold. When I finally left at 8:00 to come home, it took me almost two hours to defrost my toes and fingers!

No comments: