Sunday, April 1, 2007

Bedrest Boredom

We returned to the doctor Friday for another ultrasound and check-up. Thankfully the baby is doing wonderfully and is very active. We were put on a fetal monitor for 20 minutes, and had to count the kicks...somewhere around 15-20 for us. Unfortunately our ultrasound concluded that our amniotic fluid level had dropped again. It didn't fall into the critical level (below 5 cm), but it was at 8 cm, so we are still on bedrest, and drinking plenty of fluids. We are supposed to return Monday for another ultrasound.

The doctor is not worried about the baby right now, but is concerned about my activity level. In fact, she told me to start preparing mentally for the possibility of bedrest through the end of the pregnancy. Of course, you can only imagine my disappointment considering how hyper I am. I am trying to think positively and am praying that I can at least return to work, but I don't know if that will happen.

Fortunately I am 29 weeks, and full term is considered 37 weeks...so I only have 2 more months to go.

No comments: