Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Nursery is Complete!

And they said I wouldn't get it done....


We finally finished the nursery just in time for Bennett's 2 month birthday (well everything except the window treatments - I haven't decided what I want there yet). It was much more challenging than I thought, and those who know me, know how overwhelmed I get when I have too many choices (think back to a previous blog when Steve and I were deciding on bedding for our unknown baby). Not knowing what Bennett was going to be made it difficult for us to decide on a direction to take. We ultimately decided to go with the "safari animal" theme to match the bedding. We used photos from our Africa trip and framed them above her changing table, and then had a talented friend paint the letters of her name for above her crib.


Of course we spend the majority of our time in her glider (that Steve had to talk me into buying). That chair is extremely comfortable, and I must admit that I have slept many nights in it when Bennett was first born. It also cleans up very easily, so it is a win-win!

As I said before, Bennett is almost 2 months old already! In fact, she went to the doctor for her 2 month check-up and weighed 9 lbs. 4 oz, measured 21.5 inches long, and her head circumference was 15.25 inches! She is growing like a weed, and we couldn't be happier. She is slightly above the 10th percentile for weight and height, but her head circumference was in the 50th percentile (recall those ultrasound measurements?)! Anyway, she isn't supposed to go back for another month, so we hope to keep it like that.


No comments: