Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Running behind

Wow....I can't believe a week has passed and I haven't posted a new blog. I guess I have been too busy to add anything, sorry. Being back at work has changed the dynamics of my day. In the evenings where I usually just pass Bennett off to Steve, I like to enjoy her for myself too. She is a pretty lucky girl because she is held most of the day now.

Her nanny, Shirley started Monday, and said that she just enjoyed holding her (so I take that as Bennett didn't spend any time in her crib). Between Shirley and her Mimi - she seems to have it made. All of the attention hasn't made her worse though, in fact - perhaps it has improved things. For the past week she has been sleeping through the night (10-5), and I have been loving it!!

We had a busy weekend, which also helped her keep her sleeping routine. Friday night we attended a birthday party of a friend, and Bennett joined us. She slept through the entire party (7:30-12:00) and only awoke at the end for a quick hello before we departed. Saturday night we went to dinner with Brian, Shannon and Christian. She was a little fussy at the beginning, but as soon as she drank her bottle, she was down for the count again! Christian was a different story though - he was wide open - eating adult foods (well eating half and throwing the rest on the floor), and entertaining us with faces!



On Sunday Bennett and I went to a Kindermusik class. This was a very fun class that Shannon and Christian went to as well. The teacher sings, dances, and claps and asks the parents and kids to join in on the fun. Most the students were Christian's age (10 mos.) or older, so they all seemed to get more out of the class than Bennett; however, research shows that music can improve the cognitive skills of children of all ages. So, I am planning on enrolling Bennett and me in a class this Fall (late October) as a way for her to learn, and us to bond. For you others with little ones - you may want to look into it as well. It certainly was an entertaining 45 minutes.



After the class, the family went to the pool again. This time Bennett managed to stay awake. She wasn't very pleased with the temperature of the water at first (hence the face you see here), but she eventually got used to it. I think she is going to love the water. She loves her baths, even when I pour water right onto her face (with her eyes open). Steve is dead set on teaching her to swim at an early age, so I guess we will see if he gets his wish. He plans to take a swimming class with her this Fall. She is going to be a busy girl between the classes, but we both want to have some one-on-one with her, so we're going to do it. So, as you can see - we had a busy, but great weekend!

No comments: