Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Working 9 to 5...

...well kind of.... I decided that if I was ever going to go back to work, I had to go soon, or I would never return. Thank goodness my employer is allowing me to be flexible right now. This week I decided to work half-days to ease myself back, and since I enjoy my morning walks with Spence and Bennett, I have been working in the afternoons. It has been surprisingly nice to be back. I have been busy catching up and trying to set appointments, and I haven't even missed Bennett terribly. I think it helps that I get to spend my mornings with her, plus I know she is in good hands (with her Mimi all of this week).

Next week I set a goal to return full days, but I am not sure I will accomplish that one. If Bennett has a good night (only wakes up once), I could probably make it there by 8:30, but if not...I usually don't wake until then. I know that reality is around the corner and I will just need to power through it, but it is going to be tough (especially since I am still nursing so I have to get up with her). We have a pretty good system in place - her nanny, Shirley, will stay with her on Mondays and Fridays, and then off to her grandmother's house for the middle of the week. I plan to come home during my lunch hours to nurse on Monday and Friday, but not the other days.

So overall, the plan is in place. Now all I have to do is put the wheels in motion.

1 comment:

Courtney & Dave Long said...

Good luck this week. We're thinking about you!