Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Well today Steve turned 36 years young, which is coincidentally his oldest brother's birthday too! Since this big day fell on a workday, we celebrated with his family yesterday. We all went over to the Mizerany house for a little love, Myra style: lunch, lounging and a little lip service. It is always relaxing, and we come home stuffed.


Yesterday was no different...but recall our previous blog to see how Steve and I were feeling. We were to be there at 1pm, but after rushing all morning, we had no energy left to arrive on time. So though Louis was enjoying a nice bottle of wine, we couldn't even think of joining him.

Instead, Steve rehashed the Alabama-Houston game, and I played video games with John Michael, after he decorated his Uncle Stevie's birthday cake that I baked. Now if you are looking at this pitiful cake, I want to let you all know that this was my first attempt at baking a real cake. As you can see, I had some problems icing it, especially since I don't own a proper cake plate. However, it tasted much better than it looked, and overall I think Steve thought it was okay.


It had been a few weeks since the whole family was together, Uncle Dan included, so we talked and hung out for a couple of hours. Bennett wasn't so easily entertained though, so we had to play and rock her to keep her happy. Since Papa is the primary person who feeds her bottles Tuesday-Thursday, he took over the responsibility yesterday. Once her belly was full, Daddy made faces and played peek-a-boo with her. She thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment and laughed in her funny forced laugh. We were all smiling and laughing ourselves, because nothing is cuter than Bennett laughing.


Tonight, the whole family (Steve, Bennett, me AND Spence) walked to Dave's Pizza in Homewood for dinner. They have a great patio where even doggies are invited! So Steve and I enjoyed some pizza and beer, while Bennett slept and Spence begged for any scraps. Even Uncle Louis stopped by for a couple of beers (since it is his birthday too). It was a laid back night, and now Steve is horizontal on the sofa sawing logs. I guess he is tired from all of the fun. Happy Birthday honey!

1 comment:

Our Story... said...

OK...that is so weird! I knew Steven and Jeff had the same birthday, but I guess I forgot you and Anderson shared a birthday! So I guess all we need now is to have your baby #2 born on my birthday!! Although, Bennett nearly was! That is so strange to think about!! Tell Steve we said happy b'day and Corts that I said congrats!!