Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
I was too scared to do it with Bennett the first time, so I had our instructor do it while I watched and Steve recorded it. She did wonderfully, no choking or crying.
Though we like to think she is doing well and these "lessons" are helping her, I was shocked to see some babies and toddlers who actually can save themselves from drowning if they fell in a pool. The Infant Swimming Resource is the most comprehensive drowning prevention program I have ever seen, and quite amazing. For an amazing, and very scary video of their technique, check out this video: http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
Steve and I went to his parent's for lunch so we could witness it ourselves. I must admit that I thought she may have mastered the skill already, but she hadn't so I didn't feel like I had missed out on such a big milestone in her life. She keeps practicing, but knows that she can get somewhere quicker by just rolling (so there is usually some mix of the two). The one thing that I find funny though is that she is enticed to crawl for food? Hmmmmm......
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
He spends the majority of his free time volunteering within Peoria. He served as President of his rotary club about 6 years ago, and has since never stopped leading some big fundraiser or cause for the organization. He also serves on the board of the Children's Home of Peoria, and has just finished leading a huge fundraiser for them...raising millions of dollars. In addition, he is active in the Scottish Rite, and serves on the board of his church. All of these organizations are lucky to have him, and since he is so good at raising money, that is usually where they ask him to help.
As I said before though, he has been getting away more and more the past couple of years. Between his hunting in the winter, and his golf in the summer...he still tries to get away at least one long weekend (if not longer) a month. The births of his grandchildren have brought them to Birmingham more and more. However, they still go to their timeshare in Cabo annually, and their lake house in Georgia several times a year with friends. We also all go to Avalon, NJ every summer to enjoy some quality beach time with my mom's side of the family (always a memorable trip).
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Bennett), taking on any crazy stunt I could find...from the worldest highest bungy jump (which is in South Africa), to repelling down cliffs, skydiving, zip-lines, cage diving with great white sharks and river rafting with only pads and a helmet! Though I was slightly pushed from this bridge for my bungy jump, it is still a cool claim to fame!
2) Though it hasn't been formally diagnosed, many think I may have a touch of narcolepsy due to my uncanny ability to fall asleep anywhere...an airplane, a bar, a movie, any football game, even a Limp Bisquit concert!
3) If I ever quit my job I think I could have a shot at being an actress since I can cry at the drop of a hat....a sappy hallmark commercial, a cute baby, or any sad news that someone shares with me.
4) I am 1/4 Hispanic...thanks to my paternal grandmother. She was originally from Mexico City before my grandfather laid his eyes on her while on a short visit there. He met her in a perfume shop and it was "love at first sight." They kept in touch for awhile, and then he came back down to move her to Lowpoint, IL. For those that have been to Lowpoint, you know it must have been true love for her to have agreed to live in a such a small country town and not speak a lick of English. (As a sidenote, this may explain my love for Mexican food.)
5) I am a little anal about money. Some people have called me "tight," but I prefer to think of myself as "frugal," more just conscientious of where I spend my money and making sure that I am getting a good deal.
6)I love to sing in the car, regardless if I know the words or sing off tune. Steve hates it because he feels that I ruin whatever we are listening to, but I don't care...it makes me happy so I do it!
These random facts have been brought to you by Chelsea. She "tagged" me, so I'm playing the game now. Here are the rules:
- Link to the person that tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share six non-important things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs (it's okay if you don't tag 6).
- Let them know they've been tagged. I'm tagging Shannon, Lindsey & Courtney (the only other people I know with blogs).