Sunday, February 3, 2008

6 Things You Didn't Ask to Know about Me!

1) I used to be an adrenaline junkie (pre-
Bennett), taking on any crazy stunt I could find...from the worldest highest bungy jump (which is in South Africa), to repelling down cliffs, skydiving, zip-lines, cage diving with great white sharks and river rafting with only pads and a helmet! Though I was slightly pushed from this bridge for my bungy jump, it is still a cool claim to fame!














2) Though it hasn't been formally diagnosed, many think I may have a touch of narcolepsy due to my uncanny ability to fall asleep anywhere...an airplane, a bar, a movie, any football game, even a Limp Bisquit concert!

3) If I ever quit my job I think I could have a shot at being an actress since I can cry at the drop of a hat....a sappy hallmark commercial, a cute baby, or any sad news that someone shares with me.

4) I am 1/4 Hispanic...thanks to my paternal grandmother. She was originally from Mexico City before my grandfather laid his eyes on her while on a short visit there. He met her in a perfume shop and it was "love at first sight." They kept in touch for awhile, and then he came back down to move her to Lowpoint, IL. For those that have been to Lowpoint, you know it must have been true love for her to have agreed to live in a such a small country town and not speak a lick of English. (As a sidenote, this may explain my love for Mexican food.)


5) I am a little anal about money. Some people have called me "tight," but I prefer to think of myself as "frugal," more just conscientious of where I spend my money and making sure that I am getting a good deal.


6)I love to sing in the car, regardless if I know the words or sing off tune. Steve hates it because he feels that I ruin whatever we are listening to, but I don't care...it makes me happy so I do it!


These random facts have been brought to you by Chelsea. She "tagged" me, so I'm playing the game now. Here are the rules:

  1. Link to the person that tagged you.
  2. Post the rules on your blog.
  3. Share six non-important things about yourself.
  4. Tag six people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs (it's okay if you don't tag 6).
  5. Let them know they've been tagged. I'm tagging Shannon, Lindsey & Courtney (the only other people I know with blogs).


3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh Julie. Looking at those bungy jumping pictures makes me physically sick to my stomach. I don't know how you did it. They'd have to push me off too!

Jeff and Lindsey said...

I have to agree with her. I can't believe you did that!!! I would have had a heart attack!

Courtney & Dave Long said...

wow - that's all really cool! i don't have anything nearly that cool to include about myself! :)

courtney