Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hold Your Breath....

Today at Bennett's swim lesson we practiced more of the same...floating on our back, floating on our tummy, blowing bubbles, kicking, reaching and jumping from the side of the pool. However, we did one new thing today...going under! The teacher got in the pool and gave us all the rules and steps at properly dunking our childs. Everyone was a little timid, but excited at the same time. She sternly told us that we can only do it 3 times in one day because most children swallow a little water, and they don't want to get too much water in their lungs. So, she showed us what to do with one of the kids in the class, and then had us go around the pool and watch each other do it to our innocent, and unsuspecting, children. Coincidentally I was standing next to her, so she asked me to go first with Bennett. I was a little nervous, since it was my first swim lesson with her anyway (that is another story), but I took the challenge and did it. I took a deep breath and like an asthma commercial blew as hard as I could into her face and then dunked her. She did surprisingly well. There were no tears, coughs nor choking!



video

2 comments:

Dave Long said...

That's cool. I really want to get Lawson started on swim lessons soon. I taught lessons when I was in high school (never babies, though) and our family has always spent a lot of time around the water so I think its important too. I'm not sure if I am going to do it up here or in Bham -- where are you doing the lessons?

Mizerany Family said...

We are doing it through Brookwood Hospital, it's called water babies. They put children of similar ages together, so it has been fun.