Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy 2nd Anniversary Steve!

First off, let me apologize for this being a couple weeks late (our internet was down).


April 22nd, Steve and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! I can't believe that we have only been married for two short years. And I say that with love, because we have accomplished so much in our two years of marriage.


This year for our anniversary, we stayed at home and enjoyed a steak dinner out on our deck with Bennett and Spencer. Steve was sweet and said that he wouldn't want to be anywhere else, and I agreed.

We had plans of watching our wedding video again (like we did last year), but after we put Bennett down to sleep, we didn't have enough time. So instead we just reminisced about our wonderful, perfect, wedding weekend.

For those that attended our wedding, I hope they felt the magic and love that was in the air in the romantic city of Charleston, SC April 20-23rd 2006. I look back through our photos and watch our wedding video and feel totally blessed. We were lucky to be surrounded by all of our loved ones and close friends, and it was a dream wedding (thank you mom and dad)!


I wanted to post some photos from that incredible weekend because it was such a picturesque setting. We married at Charlestown Landing (which was over the bay from downtown Charleston) at the former Governor's mansion, the Legare-Waring House. It had recently been restored and re-landscaped and it was just perfect. We chose to risk having bad weather and get married outside (something I swore I would never do). Though it rained all morning, the clouds parted that afternoon so the florist could set up, and it was beautiful and sunny for our wedding. Our ceremony was perfect under "the avenue of oaks." Though the minister mispronounced "Mizerany" a handful of times (after numerous corrections during the rehearsal), I still wouldn't have changed a thing.


We elected to have a tent decorated and set up right on the property so all of the guests just walked about 100 yards for the reception. The food was great, and I think everyone enjoyed our band. We were lucky to have a young band that played a wide range of music. Since they were a local "bar band" they played mainly music that you hear on the radio, so we danced until we were forced to leave.


The whole day was great, but the thing I will treasure the most from the wedding (outside of my commitment to Steve for the rest of our lives), is our wedding video. Our videographers did a great job, and we have these great toasts from so many of our guests that we can refer back to forever!

No comments: