Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lil Man Growing!

Well today I went in for my 35 week check-up (only 4 weeks to go)! Everything went smoothly, even though my doctor declined taking him any earlier than Sept 17th. I asked for her prediction of his birth weight and she thinks he'll weigh around 6.5 lbs. However, I had an ultrasound and the technician estimated he weighed 5 lbs 11 oz now, and predicts he'll grow to 7.5 lbs by delivery. So, at least we have a range that is average.

As always he was active and healthy, and my fluids continue to look good. However, my doctor is cautious, so she would like for me to have an ultrasound every week just to make sure. In addition, I was hooked up to a fetal monitor today for 20 minutes while they watched his heart rate and counted contractions (I didn't have any). Overall, things continue to look good for this little guy.

Though time is practically standing still for me, I know that the next 4 weeks will be here before I know it. We have almost knocked out our entire to do list, so I am feeling good and organized. I just need to decide on a double jogger. I can't decide if I want to get one that accommodates an infant right away, but would be one child in front of the other (I am afraid whoever is stuck in the back will grow bored on the stroller rides), or if I should just suck it up and wait until he has good neck strength and go for a side by side jogger in several months. Any moms with two kids that have an opinion on this...feel free to share. If I buy one right away, the stroller that seems to get good reviews from other moms, is somewhat lightweight and folds flat is the Phil and Ted's Double Seat Jogger. It looks great, but I just can't decide.

1 comment:

Jeff and Lindsey said...

I hear the Phil and Ted's is the way to go and we considered it, but Anderson rarely likes to ride in the stroller these days, so I couldn't justify the price. We needed a double for sure for things like the zoo and the quad for tailgating etc.. but he pretty much prefers to walk unless it is a long distance. So we got the less expensive Graco one and it is fine for what we needed.

Bennett is still a good bit younger than him though and is a girl (Much more likely to actually sit still!) so that will probably be worth it for you. I am looking into a good single jogger stroller for morning walks with Lydia when Anderson is at school.