Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Farewell Nene!

Today we said goodbye to my mother who has thankfully been here assisting us since the arrival of Preston two weeks ago. It was a bittersweet parting...as I know I will miss her tomorrow morning when I have to awake with Bennett and start caring for both kids by myself all day, but also because I am excited to see if I can do it. Steve and I are anxious to get into a new routine, but it has been a difficult adjustment. I think having children at an older age also adds to the challenge, as I REALLY need my uninterrupted sleep.


Anyway, my mom was a GREAT help to us, caring for Bennett and assisting with Preston in between doing laundry and dishes. It was so nice to see how Bennett was so taken with her too. I think they both enjoyed the bond that was formed, not that there hadn't been one before, but it is harder with the distance. Fortunately, both of my parents will be back next week when my brother, Brian, and Shannon welcome their little girl into this world. So though they will be in town to assist them with Christian, we are looking forward to spending some more time with them too.


We don't know when they will be back after this next visit, as they have already decided to stay in Illinois for Thanksgiving (while we will be staying here). However, if I was a betting woman...I would imagine it will be before Christmas with four grandchildren waiting to see them!


Mom/Nene...THANK YOU for all of your help, time and love these past two weeks! We will all miss you!

No comments: