Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sept 16th is THE Day!

As you know, my OB scheduled our c-section for Sept 17th weeks ago, but after numeous complaints from me about sciatic nerve pain and lack of sleep...I convinced her to take him a day or two earlier. Unfortunately the hospital was booked on the 15th, so it was moved up one day to the 16th. Now our little guy will share a birthday with a good friend of ours, Betsy Frederick.

Fortunately my parents were able to change their flights with minimal problems. In fact, now they are arriving on Saturday so we can put them to work around the house (ha ha!). Though we doubt we'll have the whole family there to welcome him immediately after the delivery like we did Bennett, we can't wait to meet him! Since the c-section is scheduled for 7:15 am, we'll have the whole day to welcome guests, and hopefully get some sleep in between.

Though we found out his gender months ago, we never had the 4-D ultrasound to see what he looks like, so we can't wait to see who he resembles. We wonder if he'll look like one of us, or like his sister. We hope he looks like her because I think she is a nice blend of Steve and me. I imagine he'll have a head of hair like Bennett, especially since I have had such terrible heartburn, but who knows...

I guess we will all know soon enough. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Courtney Long said...

good luck! can't wait to meet your new little one. :)

Jeff and Lindsey said...

We are traveling to the beach that day for a family vacation. I hope you will text like you did with Bennett. We definitely want to know when he arrives and to make sure all went well! :-)

Joy said...

I will be waiting for the announcement on the blog. I know you can't wait for this happy day!
Lawson's MeMe