Thursday, November 13, 2008

Beer Please!

Today we met with our photographer to get baby photos of Preston, some family shots, and a few pics of just the kids. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought everything would go smoothly....


It started off with me running late because I couldn't keep the house straightened for our cleaning lady because tornado Bennett was in full force destroying all in her path. When I finally got everyone outside and in the car I couldn't tighten Bennett's carseat straps. I had evidently pulled them out too far the last time, so they weren't tightening correctly. Steve walked me through it over the phone, and then we finally arrived at her studio, 5 minutes late. Of course neither child was in the mood to be photographed (though they were both in good moods when we left the house), so it took all that I had to exercise my patience. Now all I have to do is pray that she worked some miracles and got a few good ones between the tears, drool and sweat (mine of course).


On our way home I ran through McDonald's for a quick lunch for Bennett and me. You see I had foolishly scheduled both kids' doctor's appointments for 1pm today (during Bennett's naptime). What WAS I thinking??? So we got home and ate, I fed Preston and then we headed back out. Today was Preston's 2 month check-up and Bennett's 18 month (hard to believe how time flies)! Preston weighs 13 lbs 6 oz (90th percentile) and is 23 inches long (75th percentile), while Bennett weighed in at 24 lbs 9 oz and was 32 inches long (50th percentile for both)! Preston is hitting all of his 2 month milestones: tracking objects, smiling, he has found his hands, coos, and is finally sleeping a little longer at night (4-6 hours). Bennett is doing well too and can identify most body parts, point to almost any animal that you name, can speak over 20 words, runs, feeds herself (sometimes even with silverwear) and can follow commands (when she wants to). So, according to our pediatrician we should be very happy. However, after they each got their vaccination and were both crying...I was ready to get out of there in a hurry and get home and have a beer!



Of course I promised Steve that I would never drink during the day, so I had to wait until he got home from work to crack open my corona light. Phew.... I guess in the future, I will have to act like an old person and only schedule one major thing a day. You know how they say they are busy all day because they have a 30 minute dentist appointment? I guess that is how I will have to be too!

1 comment:

Jeff and Lindsey said...

I soooo get it! I have had several days where I can see how stay at home moms can easily become alcoholics! Ha!!