Thursday, November 20, 2008

Playdate with Cousins

Thursday morning Shannon and the kids came over to play. I have vowed to spend more time with my darling niece and nephew now that I don't work. I know that I should have been doing it sooner, but it had always been difficult to get together with them since our schedules were so different and hectic. And what a shame because up until just recently, Christian wouldn't come to me and barely knew my name (without coaching from mom and dad). Since our children are so close in age, it really is wonderful for them to grow up together.
This photo of Preston and Henley is so funny to me...can you believe they are only 16 days apart? Henley is such a little peanut compared to my little chunk. What fun for them to be in the same grade of school later. Though Bennett and Christian are about 9 months apart, they play somewhat well together, with the exception of the lack of sharing. Usually Bennett does alright with that, but today was a different story. She has lately been so irritable and cries at the drop of a hat (now really, where does she get that from??).
Anyway, today we hosted the playdate, and next time will be at their house (where all the cool toys are). So, stay tuned for more tales of the four cousins.

No comments: