Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Changes Keep Coming

Today I did what I said I would never do again...I took both of my healthy children to the pediatrician for vaccinations. Since I use an alternate schedule, I have to go almost monthly for Preston for the first 18 months. Steve and I have been wondering how much weight he has gained since his 2 month visit, so I had to put him on the scale to check. Drumroll please...our little angel is a whopping 15 lbs 1 ounce! Can you believe it? I certainly can't, but after carrying him around in my arms for 30 minutes, my back sure can! He is also 25.5 inches long. These figures put him in the 83rd percentile for weight and 94th percentile for height for a 3 month old.


Bennett went in with us today because she needed to get her mumps vaccination. She has been doing great, in spite of cutting 6 teeth at once...YES SIX!! In fact, four of them are her molars! This poor child has been drooling like a fountain for the past couple of months and sucking on her fingers, but I never could see anything. However, this past week she has been having so many meltdowns, that I noticed her 6 new teeth when she was screaming. Steve and I had been wondering why she was waking up more in the middle of the night (she is usually the best sleeper), but this all makes perfect sense now. The other two teeth are on her bottom. She has been a laggard when it comes to teeth, with her first ones not arriving until her first birthday. And when she got them, several would come at once. Poor child, but thank goodness she handles it fairly well.

No comments: