Thursday, December 11, 2008

Making Christmas Cookies


This morning I packed up the kids and headed to Shannon's for a playdate. It was a cold rainy morning, so I was happy to get out of the house for a little while so we wouldn't have to be couped up all day long. Shannon played Betty Crocker and made sugar cookies for the kids to decorate. The idea was a cute one, and both kids enjoyed eating and putting (dumping) sprinkles on them. Of course Shannon was mellow and not stressed by the mass of sprinkles everywhere. I, on the other hand, was getting nervous by the minute. So when I moved the bowl of icing away from Bennett (because she was dripping it everywhere and was getting her sleeve in it), she had a meltdown and threw the spoon she had in her hand (which was full of icing). Needless to say, red icing went everywhere....on the chair, rug, me and Bennett. I felt so badly and tried my best to clean it up. We are sorry Aunt Shannon!! After that, I was sweating and decided that it was time to leave...we definitely wore out welcome.


Until the infamous meltdown though, I was able to snap a few cute photos of the kids at work. The little ones slept through the whole playdate, but here are those angels too!



No comments: