Sunday, January 18, 2009

4 Months, but Who's Counting

Friday Preston turned 4 months old....shockingly. It is hard to believe that my baby is already so big, yet I can barely remember what my life was like before he arrived. He is so sweet and easy-going. Though Bennett is overall a good child, she is at the age where she is full of energy and demands our time and attention. So having this laid back little boy is a welcomed blessing.


He has made some strides this past month that I would like to share. First and foremost, he is FINALLY sleeping through the night (thank goodness)! He is also on a pretty regular feeding schedule now (every 4-5 hours) and is getting better with his sleep schedule. He typically is awake from 8am to 1pm, with only one short catnap in the morning, usually around 10-10:30. Then he takes a long nap (3-4 hours) in the afternoon when Bennett is asleep (which is my saving grace). He is then up through dinner time, but starts to wind down again around 7-8, where he will usually fall asleep again for 1-2 hours before taking his final big bottle at 10-11pm.


He is so smiley right now. He awakes smiling and happy and just loves attention from anyone who will give it to him. He has very good neck strength and just sits in my lap and watches Bennett run all over the place. He is rolling over from stomach to back more regularly, and is a definite thumb sucker! Overall things are going wonderfully! He went to the doctor yesterday for a vaccination and I quickly weighed him. I was shocked to see that he had only gained 9 ounces, weighing 15 lbs 11 oz. I guess his growing has slowed down some.


Stay tuned for more updates...

1 comment:

Courtney Long said...

wow - such a big boy! he's really changing! glad you're getting more sleep these days.