Monday, June 22, 2009

9 Months Already!

A week late I know, but I couldn't pass up acknowledging our son's 9 month birthday! It is hard to believe my baby, my 22 lb baby, is already 9 months old! As you have read in past posts, he is growing and changing almost daily.


He is now a very efficient crawler, and snatcher of Bennett's toys (paybacks can be tough), but an even better screamer when something is taken from him. He is the happiest baby (though Bennett was too, he is surprisingly more so). It doesn't matter if you wake him from a dead sleep or he is sitting there screaming.....the moment you say "Hi Pres,"and pick him up, he smiles. And there is nothing cuter than his gummy smile! He has two teeth that are coming through now, with two more close behind. He has one on top and one on the bottom (though they are barely through the skin).


He still loves to eat, and won't turn his nose to any baby food (as if you couldn't tell by the fat rolls on his arms and legs). However, he still can't grasp the concept of moving food to the back of his mouth with his tongue, and gags on solids whenever we try. However, since he is a healthy 22lbs+ we are not worried. He is finally sleeping through the night on a semi-regular basis (though the frequent trips and cutting of teeth has thrown a few wrenches into this).


He is babbling more and more, and just stares in awe when his sister tells him what to do. Now that he is mobile, nothing is off limits in his eyes. He explores every nook and cranny of our house, and has the red knees to prove it. He loves to stand when we hold his arms, and practice walking.


Life with a little boy is already so different. Though Bennett loves me, she has been a daddy's girl since she was an infant. However, I have my little boy, who is definitely a mama's boy right now (which I love). And there is nothing sweeter than cuddling up with him, he is such a good snuggler.


I thank God daily for my blessings. What more could I ask for when I look into the faces of my beautiful, healthy children and see their smiles each and every day. I love them both so much!

No comments: