Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Proof!

Okay, today Preston was pulling one if his usual stubborn moves and refusing to nap without being held. So I laid him down (after he was asleep in my arms) and walked out. I heard him wake up immediately, but I didn't turn around. After I shut the door, he started screaming and continued. I knew he was exhausted, but he didn't want to sleep on his own. Shortly thereafter Steve came home for a late lunch and went in and rocked him back to sleep in minutes. He too laid him down and walked out only to have him crying seconds later.


He continued crying as he usually does, but then all of a sudden it was quiet. It was the FIRST time he had ever cried himself to sleep since he was a newborn, so Steve and I peeked in and this is what we saw!

So for you non-believers who didn't believe how stubborn he was...I guess I have proof now! I tell you, he is one funny kid to fall asleep standing up!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That is one of the sweetest pictures I have ever seen . . . and that is an amazing stunt -asleep standing up~

Courtney Long said...

oh my goodness! what a great picture! he'll love this when he's older!

For AIM said...

that is absolutely hilarious!!

Chelsea said...

A-ha! This is definitely proof that he is your kid. Someday he too will be sleeping on a bar stool or at a Limp Biscuit concert!