Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Manic Monday!

Yesterday I awoke to Steve screaming, "it looks like a murder scene in here, wake up Julie!" When I got out of bed, it didn't take long to see all of the blood in our bed, on the floor and on the carpeting. It wasn't even 6:30am and this is how I was going to start my day.....just great! Of course Preston was already up, and I heard Bennett yelling for me, so I didn't know how I was going to get this room cleaned. I started off washing the hardwood floors, because that was the easiest thing to fix, then onto to bleaching all of our sheets (and hoping that the blood comes out), then I washed Spencer, and attempted the carpet. Since it took so long to clean two little spots, I decided to just hire a professional to come in and clean it.

To top this all off, Bennett woke up without much voice, so I started to panic that she might be starting to come down with the beginnings of Preston's sickness (even though she hadn't had any temperature). Of course, I didn't want it to develop into croup, so I immediately made a doctor's appointment for her. Thankfully he said she only had a minor cold, but he gave her a steroid pill to knock whatever she had and told me to give her some cough medicine.


The Lord must have known what a terrible day I had yesterday, so he blessed my kids and me with a GREAT night of sleep....we all awoke at 7:30 this morning! And it is gorgeous outside, so we are gearing up for some time outside, a walk with the family should perk everyone up (including Spence), and then some fun at the park before Bennett's dance class. Whew....I didn't know how this week was going to go with a crazy Monday like that, but I am optimistic now!

2 comments:

courtney said...

did i miss something? where did all the blood come from? im assuming the doggie? wow, bless your heart! hang in there!

Julie said...

Yeah, from Spencer...perhaps I wasn't clear with that. Spence had a tumor removed on his ear the week before and it just keeps opening up because he scratches it. He must have really got it good Sunday night, because our bedroom was a MESS!