Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Though I personally didn't have a bad 2009, I am always excited to see what the new year will bring for my family. Steve started his new job a couple of weeks ago, but will get really cranked up next week. So much so that we had to back out of attending the National Championship game, which almost made Steve cry....really. I can't tell you how bad he wanted to attend that game in person. Unfortunately, work has to take precedence since it pays our bills.




Next year should be a fun year for us with the kids too. Preston is trying to talk more and more, and now repeats several things we say (like "oh man" and "all aboard") and can say several more single words that we can understand. He babbles incessantly and thinks we should understand him, so he gets very upset when he doesn't get what he wants. Bennett is mothering him more and more, and is turning into quite the little girl. Last week she came up to me and told me "I love your new boots mommy, they are pretty," and when she tells me she loves me out of the blue....priceless moments in a mother's eyes.

Anyway, last night Steve's parents kept our children OVERNIGHT for us. It was Preston's first night away from me since he was born. It is not that I am an overprotective mother, but he is the worst sleeper ever, and I hated to do that to someone else. He has been sleeping better, but of course he pulled a typical Preston and woke up at 1am last night for them, which got their whole house stirring (including Bennett). Needless to say, they didn't get any sleep. We, on the other hand, partied like rock stars! Knowing that we didn't have kids to come home to caused us to stay out later than we should have and drink more than we should have. This wicked combination is now making us suffer tremendously today.


Now that the kids are finally taking naps, I too need to get some beauty sleep so I can function the rest of the day. When will I learn my lesson, and realize that I am no longer the 23 year old that could rebound within a few hours!

Happy New Year to you all!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

You look gorgeous-- your dress is fabulous and worthy of a party!

Hudson will be 3 this month and has never spent the night away from me---
and we call those " I love you mommy" & " you my best friend", we call that "free love" here at our house, just totally unprompted affection-- it is the best.

Chelsea said...

Oooo la la! Don't y'all clean up nicely! ;o) Love the dress. How fun to have a night out with no little alarm clocks at home ready to wake you at 6am. Happy New Year!

Lisa said...

I love your dress. Sounds like a fun night.