Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bennett's 1st Dance Recital

This morning was spent with family cheering Bennett on at her first dance "recital." I say that word loosely since it was really just like one of her weekly dance classes, but they were all dressed up in new tutus. Each little girl was measured back in January, and then they received their new tutu last month. Since Bennett wears one of her tutus about 5 days out of the week, it has been difficult keeping her from wearing that one (especially since she can dress herself).




























When today finally arrived, and I told her she could wear that tutu, she was so excited. I told her that she was going to have a large crowd there to watch her, and she was happy. Thankfully one of my friends volunteered to keep Preston for me, so I could photograph her, while Steve held the camcorder. I thank all of our family that came to watch her (my parents, Steve's parents, my sister-in-law, Shannon and my brother-in-law, Dan). Bennett loved looking out at the audience and seeing so many adoring faces.

























































As much as she loves dancing, there are days when she is just not in the mood and does not participate. She has not been herself the past week, so I must admit that I was a little worried. However, she did great! She smiled, followed instructions and really just had fun.













She felt special when we gave her flowers after the performance, but I think what made her most happy was being told there was a party down the hall. She made a mad dash down the hall so she could be first in line for goldfish crackers and cookies!!


It was a fun way to spend an hour, and I look forward to many more recitals in her future. We are taking the summer off, but we have already signed up for the Fall. Seeing all of those sweet little girls tip toe around that room just made me love my little angel even more.

We love you Bee, and are so proud of you!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

What fun photos! How special for your parents to be there to enjoy it. Love the expression on her face when she gets her flowers!

Alisha said...

How fun! I can't wait to start my little girl in ballet classes!