Thursday, May 20, 2010

Yippee!!

This week each of the Mizerany children have accomplished big hurdles, yeah!!

About a week and a half ago, we stopped putting any diaper/pull-up on Bennett at night. The accomplishment is that she hasn't had any accidents and has woken up dry every morning! She
had been doing great for awhile, rarely tinkling at night, so I thought why not give it a go! She is turning three this weekend, so what a great milestone to reach. She is doing fabulous, but I am sure an accident will happen sometime in our future, so I better purchase some rubber sheets soon.

Our other big hurdle is probably more for me than Preston, but I am just happy that we have BOTH made it through this week. He has kicked the bottle! YEAH!!! I know some of you are counting in your heads how old he is, and thinking "shouldn't he have gotten rid of it months ago?" Well yes, but I messed up and let him rely on that for comfort. A friend told me that I just needed to cut it out cold turkey, and I knew it would be tough, so I decided to do it this week while Steve was out of town. The first day was hard enough, just eliminating his morning bottle (he took three a day), so I caved at naptime and bedtime. However, I stayed strong Tuesday and didn't give in even when his whining and crying was relentless. Wednesday was easier, and today he didn't even ask for one.

So happy we have less things to pack for our summer trips!

No comments: