Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to School - YEAH!

Today the children finally went back to school! Yeah, our routines begin again!! I would have had a party by myself if I wouldn't have had so much to do today.









It was a big day for Bennett as she officially entered 3K (pre-kindergarten). I attended her orientation last night, and I must say that this really is school! I wasn't quite sure what to expect, I mean she is only 3 years old. However, they have a curriculum, and it is Christian based, which makes me so happy. In addition, they do two assessments of her abilities, one in October and the other in April. I am excited to see where she ends up because as most parents feel about their children...I think she is is smart and doing really well for her age. I think the biggest things that she'll get out of this school year will be better dexterity with her coloring and writing, as well as her ability to apply simple stories from the Bible to everyday life. Thankfully, she is learning Bible stories in Sunday school and we recently purchased a book that is for young children, so the combination of all three should help.


My little man is still on the nursery side, but he loves it! He is putting together more and more
sentences, and can recognize about half the alphabet already! He also knows several colors and can count to 10! Bennett was given a movie from a friend called "The Letter Factory," but Preston has adopted it as his new favorite movie, watching it a couple times a day. Between that, and the letter flashcards that Bennett and I have been using with him the past month, he is doing wonderfully! I am convinced he'll know the entire alphabet, his numbers and all of the primary colors before the end of the year.


When I see the way our kids absorb things, it really makes me want to teach them everything I possibly can. They are little sponges and learn so much everyday at these young ages. I know that we as parents are responsible for teaching our children, but I feel blessed to trust the teachers of my kids and know that they are in good hands at a loving, Christian environment.

1 comment:

Mary Michael said...

A friend had on her facebook today about how she was taking her kids to their first day of PDO and pre-school and how it was bittersweet to see them growing up, but "glory, glory, hallelujah" My sentiments exactly! :)