Sunday, November 7, 2010

48 Hours Away!

Though I was only gone for a little more than 48 hours, I feel recharged!  Several months ago, I planned to a girl's weekend with my two closest friends from SMU - Elizabeth & Kris!  We met in Houston, and had a wonderful time together.  Kris and I flew in on Friday, and returned to Elizabeth's home to just chit-chat before heading out for a Tex-Mex dinner.  (sadly we forgot the camera that night).

Saturday morning, we got up bright and early for a morning at the spa!  We started with manis and pedis, followed by lunch together, and then a massage for me and facials for them.  We all raved about our services, and I felt so relaxed afterward.  For the next several hours, we just went back to where Kris and I were staying and lounged around and talked.  Though we haven't all been together for a couple of years, we pick up like we have been living in the same city all along.  To be comfortable with friends who you know aren't judging you, and love you just the way you are is such a gift.

Saturday night, Elizabeth made reservations at one of her favorite restaurants, Benjy's.  We had a cocktail before dinner, and then moved to our table for several more hours of catching up, eating and drinking.  We all loved our dishes, and had such a fun night!


This morning we went for another yummy meal before heading to the airport.  It was sad to say farewell, but it is never "good-bye" with them.   I know we're all busy running our households and keeping our children safe, we vowed to do it again next year!  With friendships that span 20 years, you certainly have to do everything you can to maintain them!

I love you girls!!  Thanks for more fun memories!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Looks like a great trip. So glad you were able to get away and have a fun weekend. Makes me excited for ours. We need to get planning! :o)