Saturday, February 12, 2011

Brad Paisley in Birmingham!

Last night Steve and I attended the Brad Paisley concert at the BJCC.  It was so much fun and a wonderful way to spend the night.  We started our night with dinner at Bottega Cafe with Brian and Shannon, and then went to the concert.  Darius Rucker opened for him, and he was great!  He played all of his country hits, a couple of the Hootie & the Blowfish hits, and then closed with Purple Rain by Prince.  He sounded just as good in person as he does on the radio, and I was not disappointed.






After a very short break, Brad Paisley came on stage and sang all of my favorites and one or two I wasn't familiar with, but enjoyed.  He did a great job at working the crowd, coming out on various stages in the audience (one very near us), and walking around on the floor (surrounded by bodyguards, of course).  The name of this tour is "H20 Frozen Over," so he had a lot of cool water effects.

The one thing that surprised me though, was his number of guitars.  I have never seen so many!  He was like a female performer who does costume changes, but rather than change clothes, he just picked up another guitar.  He has a red one, a blue one, a glittery one, a rainbow one, but my favorite was a white one with blue paisleys all over it.  He did a great job strumming, and we were all impressed with his jamming skills.



Walking in front of us through the crowd!
My brother is not the biggest country music fan, but he went along because Shannon wanted him to, so I think he was surprised to see me dance the entire concert.  In the area where we were seated, most of the people around us stayed seated (don't ask me why), but I was there to enjoy myself, and that is exactly what I did!  I bobbed and sang along for almost every song.

Cameo visit from Alison Krause for "Whiskey Lullaby"

No comments: