Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Short Reprieve

Sorry for being such a bad blogger lately.  We have had a stomach bug that keeps passing from one person in our house to another.  Just when we think we have rounded the corner, and everyone is feeling better...one of us gets hit with it again.  Though Bennett wasn't feeling quite herself last Friday, she felt better on Saturday, and fortunately the weather was beautiful....so we celebrated!

The weather has been rather cold and rainy this past month, so we were happy to get outside and burn off some energy.  We decided to pull out the new bikes that Santa brought and their scooter and head up to the library parking lot to ride around.  Our good friend, Michael and his daughter Lily, met us up there.  The kids had fun on their bikes, and enjoyed a quick trip to the library to check out some books and movies.

That evening Steve and I had a "date night."  Though we are good about getting babysitters and going out without the kids at least monthly, we rarely spend a night out alone, so this was a nice treat.  We made it an early night and got a good night of sleep before going to church on Sunday. 

Unfortunately, I woke up feeling crummy, and as the morning progressed I kept feeling worse.  By the time we got home, I was feeling awful and returned to bed.  I took a four hour nap, yet couldn't get out of bed for more than 15-20 minutes at a time.  I was incredibly crampy, had a headache and just ached all over.  I never could eat anything that day, so though I woke up Monday feeling better....I was weak.  I powered through the day thanks to coffee and a work-out and now I feel MUCH better!


Tomorrow I head off to L.A. for a girl's trip!  More to come on that in a few days!  In the meantime, pray that Steve and the kids stay healthy this weekend while I am away.  Nothing is worse than caring for sick kids, or being sick yourself and having to care for the kids.

No comments: