Monday, March 14, 2011

My Big Little Boy

Last night we converted Preston's bed to a toddler bed.  This was something we skipped for Bennett, as she went straight to a big bed with side rails.  However, we haven't purchased the new mattresses and boxsprings for Preston twin beds yet, so he is stuck in his nursery for now. 
Pres & Bennett trying it out last night.

For those that don't know much about Pres, he is the WORST sleeper!  I don't know what I did differently with him as a baby, but he has been a restless sleeper since the beginning.  Even as a toddler, he rarely sleeps through the night.  He wakes up screaming and crying and calls my name.  He usually doesn't want Steve, so that leaves me to tend to him every night.  I can calm him down pretty quickly and get back to sleep, but he interrupts my sleeping EVERY night.

Last night was his first night in his new bed, and we were worried that he wouldn't do well.  He slept until almost 5am, but he rolled out of the bed and it woke him up.  I went in and rocked him some and he slept until almost 8am!  He was so happy when he awoke.  He called for me and when I got in there he said "Mommy I slept in a big boy bed, and didn't fall out."  I think he was happy he stayed in the last several hours. 

Anyway, we're hoping he does well with the transition as we have several trips planned for this year where he will be in a bed of some sort.  We figured with spring break this week, it would be a perfect time to give it a try!  Keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments: