Friday, March 4, 2011

Spring is Near!

Yesterday was a perfect spring day!  Sunny with a slight breeze, and roughly 70 degrees (if only it was like this EVERY day)!  Unfortunately we had to start our day with a visit to our pediatrician (I swear we are a major contributor to his retirement fund this year).  Pres came home from school Wednesday complaining of an ear ache, so I gave him some Tylenol and hoped it would go away.  Sadly, he awoke from his nap in worse pain, but I procrastinated and missed office hours.  So though he awoke up in a good mood Thursday, I knew he would not have complained so much the night before if he wasn't in pain.  As I expected, he has an ear infection.

Since he was feeling better (and I had promised him the day before), we went to the zoo after our doctor's visit.  The kids ran around and we checked out all of the animals.  We even visited the reptile building that I have been purposely avoiding for the past four years because I hate snakes.  Imagine my surprise when we walked in and saw two frisky tortoises!

Unfortunately the new African exhibit is not open until April, so we were unable to see many of those animals.  However, Preston was thrilled to ride the train (while eating a snack), and they were both so excited to see our new male elephant exploring his new digs.  We'll definitely be back next month to see him up close with his new friend (who was still getting acclimated in a cage today).

Following our trip to the zoo, we went to lunch at our favorite kid-friendly place.  We sat outside, took in the sunshine while we ate, then went home for naptime!  It was one of those days where I would have loved to work in the yard, but I had to sit behind a desk and pound out calls for my crummy little job.  Oh well, it provides me some "fun money" and a little independence, so I can't complain that much.  After a perfectly delish (and low-cal) dinner (grilled chicken on mixed greens with cranberries, pecans and a balsamic vinaigrette).....I chilled in front of the TV.  If only this weather would continue, and it wouldn't get cool again.....a girl can dream, right?

No comments: