Wednesday, August 3, 2011

An Update on Preston's Diet

I never gave you all an update from Preston's upper GI....everything was normal. His tonsils were also evaluated, and though they are a little larger than an average child his age (a 3+ on a 1-4 scale), they are not large enough to warrant removal. So, we got a detailed list of serving sizes and foods that we are supposed to offer Preston for his 3 meals and 2 snacks each day. In addition, we were told to cut his milk back from 20 ounces to 12 ounces, and use water as a substitution.

We are a week and a half into this new diet, and things are going okay. He is eating table food for all meals, but they still consist only of the foods he was eating previously. He still refuses to eat all fruits and veggies, and try anything new (except waffles....which he now eats). It is very frustrating to me because he is not eating a healthy diet, but I guess that is what I am supposed to do right now. I am hoping that within the next several weeks he will begin to try new things.

Today I asked him what he wanted for lunch, and he said "I want baby food." I gave him a look (because he knows we don't have anymore in the house), and then he said "I am not a baby, just a boy who wants baby food." He made me laugh out loud. That kid is one stubborn little boy!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

We've been eating bananas as ice cream. Basically you peel, cut and freeze bananas then put them in a food processor. They might have to be defrosted a bit, but they are truly the consistency of ice cream. You can also add peanut butter or honey.