Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Traditions

Yesterday morning, the kids and I attempted to make Christmas cookies. I thought it would be fun since they enjoy playing with their playdough so much. We rolled out the dough and the kids chose which cookie cutters to use. They both were doing such a good job so I was confident that we would have some cute ones to decorate. However, the baking process didn't quite work out the way I thought...






We must have used too much dough inside the cookie cutters because the cookies expanded so much during the baking process that they were indistinguishable afterward.










We put icing on a few and the kids poured sprinkles all over them, but they hated the way they tasted with the icing, so we stopped. Don't know why I keep trying to become a baker...it really isn't my thing. Thank goodness my kids don't know the difference (or don't care). They had fun regardless of the end result!











Last night, Steve and I attended a couple Christmas parties and had fun catching up with all of our friends. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives!



No comments: