Monday, February 6, 2012

Lucy is Here!

I am excited to announce the birth of my newest niece....Lucy Ann Banta! She was born today, February 6th....on my father's birthday, as well as my late grandfather, Lynn Banta's birthday! She weighed in a 7 lbs 8 oz and is just perfect!

Shannon is doing well, and is thrilled to finally meet the little girl that has caused her to spend many hours each week in her OB's office. Since Shannon has had high blood pressure issues, as well as sporadic low amniotic fluid, her OB felt it would be best to deliver Lucy a little early. Due to some medication Shannon received right before delivery, little Lucy had some breathing issues after delivery. Thankfully, once the medication wore off, the problems went away.








The kids and I went up to meet her this evening. Her small, perfect body brought tears to my eyes. She slept the entire time we were there tonight, but it was still love at first sight.



She is adorable with some dark, soft hair and big cheeks, which are perfect for all of the kisses I know she will be receiving! Big siblings, Christian and Henley couldn't be more thrilled, as are cousins, Preston and Bennett! In fact, they both held the baby and talked about her all night after we left. Bennett kept saying how cute she was, and how she can't wait to visit her again. Fortunately, she'll have the opportunity tomorrow when our family returns (with a real camera for better pictures). We love you Lucy, and are so happy that you are finally here!


2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Awwww, so sweet! Cute pics of the kids with her. Bennett probably loved having a REAL baby to hold!

Courtney Long said...

Does Shannon use Bham OBGYN at STV? I think I've seen her a couple of times, and I started to say something, but I talked myself into thinking your maiden name was Banta so I never did!