Friday, May 18, 2012

Bennett's Preschool Graduation

The Processional
Today was a bittersweet day for us, Bennett graduated from 4K and is moving on to kindergarten in the Fall.  We have been talking about it for months, to prepare both of us.  I knew it would be tough on her since she gets attached to her teachers each year.  However, I needed to prepare myself too since I am such an emotional person, and these past 5 years have really flown by.

When they started to play "Pomp and Circumstance," I was able to hold it together. However, when they showed the video of all of the graduates, with each of their baby photos and then their graduation one...I got a little teary-eyed. Steve just laughs at me, but I come by it honestly (DAD!!!).


Bennett smiling for us






Outside of a couple of sniffles from me, the day went very smoothly, no complaints from Bennett about what she wore, she smiled for us from the stage and then we enjoyed a casual lunch following the graduation...without any whining.  She did great, and it was a wonderful morning!  Though we missed having Preston in the family photos, it was much easier (and quieter) without him (love you buddy).


The graduate accepting her diploma
Smiling for us during the last song (love that girl!)
B w/ Mimi & Papa


Proud Parents


Bennett w/ her teacher, Ms Sherry



No comments: