Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fun in the Sun!

I feel like I need to apologize...I have been a really bad blogger lately.  I don't have a real excuse, but I am so accustomed to posting my "photo of the day" on Facebook, I feel like that is enough.  However, I know a few of you who read this aren't actually on Facebook.  So I am going to try and be better for the rest of the year.
It has been BLAZING HOT in Birmingham the past week and change, and it appears it isn't going to change anytime soon, unless Hurricane Debby and her outerbands head this way and give us some much needed rain (which we doubt will occur).  Obviously it hasn't affected me that much since I have been out of town, but now that I am back I am hiding in the air conditioning.  It really is too hot to be outside, even if you are swimming.  However, Pres gets bored on the days he doesn't go to camp so we are always looking for activities.




Today our library put a sprinkler out, a couple of baby pools and this huge water slide for the kids to enjoy.  Of course we had to partake in the fun.  The waterslide had two slides, and one was a little taller and steeper...which was the only one that Preston would go down.  The lines were long, so he went down four times, but he didn't complain.  Seeing friends there made the time go by faster, and it was the perfect way to spend an hour and a half!


No comments: