Monday, October 22, 2012

Old Baker Farm Field Trip

Around this time every year, I hear about my friends who visit the various pumpkin patches in the area.  Old Baker Farm is one of those places, and sadly I have not been there (or to any others) since I've lived in Alabama.  Bennett went here last year with her 4K class, but for some reason I didn't go with her.  I didn't want to make the same mistake twice, and was so happy I elected to go this year.

It was a beautiful Fall day...sunny and mid 70s!  All of the kindergarten classes from Shades Cahaba rode out on buses with the teachers, but the parents drove separately.  As I drove towards the property, all I saw were beautiful cotton fields.
  
Bennett, Foster and Katharine
Once we got the instructions from the teachers, each little group of kids (another mother and I had three), got their scavenger list.  They immediately began checking items off their lists as we toured the farm, learning about cotton, petting a couple farm animals, going through a hay maze, enjoying our lunch in a stinky barn, and finally visiting the pumpkin patch via a hay ride!  Of course, all of these activities kept us there for most of the day!
Bennett picking cotton
Basket of cotton that the kindergartners filled in 15 minutes!
Haines, Katharine and Bennett


Ms Greer's Silly Class Photo


Just me and my beautiful girl!

The perfect pumpkin!
 


No comments: