Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

Today I had my best mother's day yet!  I was able to sleep in until 8:00, and then be awakened by my two sweet kiddos with kisses, cards and gifts (thanks to their teachers and Steve).  I received priceless homemade gifts, three boxes of my favorite candy - milk duds, two pedicures at my favorite salon, and as always...the most appropriate store bought cards, thanks to Steve.  The card from Pres was one of the singing ones with a dancing hamster, which is so appropriate because Pres loves to sing and dance.  But the best one was from Bennett! On the front it says "I raise a glass to you Mom" and on the inside..."but not over the carpet, only over the counter.  Are you proud?"  I mean really....that card was written FOR ME!

My celebration began Friday at Preston's school when I was asked to join him for a "Mother's Day Tea" where we dined on cookies, fruit and lemonade.  At the party, Pres presented me with all of his homemade goodies.

 



 
Following my special wake-up, Steve cooked me breakfast (my favorite as Bennett mentioned... bacon and eggs).  Then we all went to church, before enjoying a delightful lunch at Brio with Myra and Louis.  It was a gorgeous day, so after we got home, we immediately got on our bikes and went riding around neighborhood.  After an afternoon snack at Steel City Pops, we headed home to feed Spencer dinner.  Who knew we would be out riding for several hours?!
 
What a wonderful, relaxing day.  I was with those that I love most all day...my hubby and the two blessings that God chose to give to us.  Happy Mother's Day to me!



No comments: