Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July Weekend!

As we typically do over the 4th of July weekend, we headed to the Mizerany lake house for the long weekend.  Steve took off Thursday before the weekend too, so we had four days to hang out.  Since I sometimes get a little stir crazy, we drove two cars up so I could leave when I wanted.  We brought Beckham, and all of our gear, and made it up by lunch.  The kids immediately hit the lake with some of their cousins, while we got unpacked and settled.

kids with Jennifer Rawlings
Myra did all of the cooking for our side of the house, and we just contributed where we could.  For someone who isn't all fired up about coming back to the house to cook, this worked out very well for me.  The first night, we touched base with Steve's cousin, Jennifer, who was at the lake with her parents.  She came and picked us up on their boat and took us out for a little drive and back to their house where the kids jumped off their diving board about fifty times.  By the time we finally made it back to the house, Louis and the girls had arrived.  We enjoyed a nice Mexican dinner, and went to bed at a relatively decent time.

fishing 4th of July morning
Beck hopped on all by himself
morning snuggles

Daddy with Walker supervising cornhole tournament

Sadly, John Michael was ill with a stomach bug, so he and Michelle missed the first couple of days.  Friday morning, we awoke to the briskest summer morning I can recall in a LONG time.  It was about 60 degrees, so I decided to take a run with Beck.  That day, we hung on the pier all day enjoying the low humidity.  It was a little too chilly for Walker, so he stayed back with Steve's parents.  Since it was the 4th of July, we had BBQ, ribs, wings, potato salad and Asian slaw.  The kids started a cornhole tournament, and everyone got it on it.  That evening, people all around us were letting off fireworks....and pretty big ones, so we enjoyed the show.

Saturday, we did more of the same, but with John Michael and Michelle who finally made it up.  The kids got their fill of swimming, fishing and riding on the jet ski all weekend with their cousins.  We always had full stomachs and had fun with the family.  By Sunday morning, I was ready to go home and get back to my routine.  Steve stayed back with the kids and Beck, and when we finally all were together again that night....everyone was POOPED!  It was a busy weekend!  Beck had the best time of all though, running wild all day long, playing with other dogs, floating on tube and swimming a little.  The dog slept for days after we returned.

No comments: