Thursday, August 18, 2016

1st Day of School!!

Luke, Pres and Harris were excited to learn they were together
The summer flew by, and it is hard to believe the kids are back in school!  We love Shades Cahaba more than anything, but I would be lying if I wasn't a little worried about Preston's second grade teacher.  Sadly, it is our only grade where there are a couple of "non-perfect" teachers, so I scheduled a conference with our principal and vice-principal back in June.  They were so kind to give me 30 minutes of their time while I described each of our big kids, their strengths and weaknesses.  They asked questions about friends, and I trusted that they would make the perfect choice for my children. 

Carmen, just one of the sweet girls in B's class
The worry crept up again right before class lists were posted, but I was very relieved to learn who they each received!  Bennett got Mrs. Harden, a 10 year veteran who loves Math and is a mother to two young children.  Preston got Miss Anderson, a brand new enthusiastic, God loving teacher!  To top it off, they both have awesome kids in their classes....some old friends and some new faces.

We are a little over a week into it now, and I am still excited about their upcoming years!  Bennett has already made two new friends, something that warms my heart.

Nene and Poppy were here for their first day!



4th and 2nd grade

B and Mrs. Harden

Miss Anderson with P

1st day of Two's!
For one week, Walker remained at home....bored and anxious to return to school too.  But his day came on Wednesday, and he was ready!  He was excited to explore his new room at All Saints, and seems to be very pleased with his new teachers (as I am).  So here's to a TERRIFIC new year with 4th grade, 2nd grade and Two's!!

the infamous red door

Ms. Malisa and Ms. Kristie

No comments: