Friday, November 7, 2008

More Changes

This week was another big week for us. I decided to resign from my job and my career that I have had for the past 12 years. It wasn't easy, but I know it was the right decision. Since being at home with my children this maternity leave, things have changed for me. I have loved the time I have spent with my children, and I have realized that the time with them is more valuable than any career. So I pulled the trigger on Tuesday.


This week seems like maternity leave still (since I was only back at work for one day), but I know it will seem more and more like my new job as the weeks pass. I look forward to the daily challenges of running this family and making sure that everything goes smoothly. However, I do plan to work part-time. In fact I have already spoken to a company about doing work from home. I will keep you posted as that develops.


In the meantime, Bennett and I did a little bonding yesterday. After her morning shower, I decided to give her a pedicure. Surprisingly she sat down long enough for me to clip and paint her toenails (and wait for them to dry). She watched patiently while I did the first foot, but grew a little bored with the second foot. Though it wasn't a perfect paint job (since her nails are so small), it is still cute.