Saturday we hired a friend, Ashlee, to watch the kids so we could play golf. It is so weird because I have known Ashlee since she was born, and used to babysit her (and her siblings) when they were young children. Bennett had a small meltdown, but otherwise things went smoothly for her. Meanwhile, we were out enjoying the new grass at CCP and trying to keep track of our balls. It had been over two years since I last played, so as you might imagine...my game was FAR from perfect, but I had so much fun. Shortly after we came home, the kids awoke from their naps and we w
ent swimming. It was Preston's first time, and Bennett's first time this year. Both kids did great! Bennett wore water wings and was jumping from the side of the pool, and Preston enjoyed floating around in his raft and kicking his legs.
Last night, Steve and I had a "date night" and left the kids home with my folks. We had several cocktails and a tasty dinner at a new place in Peoria (well new to me). It was great to get dressed up and have an adult, uninterrupted, conversation with Steve.
Tonight I am getting together with some girls that I went to grade school with...should be fun catching up. More on that and the rest of our activities later!