and playing! The trip out there wasn't too terribly hard (don't even ask about our return trip though), but we were all excited to finally arrive and get settled. The weather was perfect all week, except
one day, but we spent that day shopping and napping, so it worked out nicely.
All of the kids had a ball playing on the beach, with the exception of the two little ones, Preston and Henley. I think they both enjoyed the people watching, and Preston enjoyed the surf. However neither did well with the sand in their face, especially Preston who didn't understand that when he kept putting handfuls of it in his mouth.
But most of our vacation was the same as it always is...daily morning walks, big breakfasts, trips to the beach, afternoon naps, cocktail hour and delicious dinners accompanied by more drinking and talking! Of course we had to do the annual mini-golf tournament (Steve won the entire thing!), a trip or two to the Avalon freeze for yummy frozen yogurt, and way too many trips to the liquor store. Though I went out there with high expectations of reading a book, I barely cracked it. I guess I didn't anticipate how much of my time would be spent watching my two little ones run around and stay safe.
Thanks Mom and Dad for the great memories! As always, our family had a wonderful time and is already looking forward to our trip back next summer! People here always ask why I travel so far to go to the beach, but I always tell them I go there because the town of Avalon is so quaint and cute, and all of my family that I love so dearly is there at the same time! I love you all, and am so thankful we got to spend another great week together!