We were worried that she would stand on stage dumbfounded with a finger in her mouth. I kept telling her who was going to be there watching her, and how important it was for her to perform. In fact, I let her select her own flowers (she chose pink roses), and her own treat (she chose a donut) which she would receive IF she danced (nothing wrong with a little bribery, right?).
We were asked to drop them off 30 minutes beforehand. Then they sat backstage with CDF staff for the whole performance. Occasionally I would see her peak around the curtains on stage (I even saw her yawn...see below), but she hung in there. When I went to get her afterward, I congratulated her, and the first thing out of her mouth was "I want my donut." We made her smile for a couple photos, but then she chowed down. She almost fell asleep during the 5 minute drive home, but we kept our tiny little dancer awake until bedtime. Now dance is over until the Fall.