![]() |
| Mrs. Greer & Bennett at orientation |
Mrs. Greer loves dogs, and calls her students the "kennel club." Guess who she has a lot in common with her already?? Each day, Bennett starts with 6 bones in her dog bowl. If she can make it all day without any warnings, she gets a stamp in her book. However, if she makes a bad choice, then she starts getting bones taken away from her. She didn't lose any bones on her first day (yeah!).
When we walked her to school, we took a few photos and then walked her to her room. We got a little lost (don't ask me why because the school really isn't that difficult to get around), but made it in without any tears. Bennett was a little hesitant to enter the room, but she didn't look back once she was in, and we weren't allowed in.
On our way home, I cried a little. It is just so hard to believe that my baby, my first born, is off to school! However, once I got back in my routine I was fine. The weird thing though was at 12:30, I started getting antsy, thinking I needed to go get her soon. Since I have been on the 9-1 schedule for the past 4 years, it will take a little getting used to these longer days.
In fact, shortly thereafter, I started thinking about Bennett and how her day was going. Hoping she was having fun and meeting new friends....
Finally 2:30 pm rolled around, so Pres and I started to get ready to leave. We left our house at 2:45, didn't get Bennett and Caroline into the car until 3:20, and didn't get home until almost 3:30. Needless to say, carpool line SUCKED! I am definitely walking from now on, unless it is over 100 degrees because I think it will be faster! But it is not about me....Bennett had a wonderful first day of school!
She and Caroline were all smiles as they loaded into the car, and chatted the whole way home about their day! When we got home, I started asking Bennett more specific questions about her day, and here is how it went:
Me: Did you have a good day?
B: Yes
Me: Did you eat all of your lunch? (she ate the school lunch today)
B: I ate all of my chicken and some of my mashed potatoes, but not all because they weren't as good as Mimi's
Me: What did you learn today?
B: A lot of rules!
Me: Who did you play with the most?
B: Miley
Me: Who did you sit next to at lunch?
B: Miley
Me: What was your favorite part of the day?
B: All of it
I hope Bennett's enthusiasm doesn't wane, and the rest of the year goes as well as today did for her! She is a precious little girl who we love more than words.
| Bennett before school |
| Walking through the tunnel to school |
When we walked her to school, we took a few photos and then walked her to her room. We got a little lost (don't ask me why because the school really isn't that difficult to get around), but made it in without any tears. Bennett was a little hesitant to enter the room, but she didn't look back once she was in, and we weren't allowed in.
On our way home, I cried a little. It is just so hard to believe that my baby, my first born, is off to school! However, once I got back in my routine I was fine. The weird thing though was at 12:30, I started getting antsy, thinking I needed to go get her soon. Since I have been on the 9-1 schedule for the past 4 years, it will take a little getting used to these longer days.
In fact, shortly thereafter, I started thinking about Bennett and how her day was going. Hoping she was having fun and meeting new friends....
| Pres wishing her well
|
| Me holding back the tears |
Finally 2:30 pm rolled around, so Pres and I started to get ready to leave. We left our house at 2:45, didn't get Bennett and Caroline into the car until 3:20, and didn't get home until almost 3:30. Needless to say, carpool line SUCKED! I am definitely walking from now on, unless it is over 100 degrees because I think it will be faster! But it is not about me....Bennett had a wonderful first day of school!
| All smiles after school! |
| Bennett & Caroline (1/2 of the "Mayfair Girls" Carpool) |
Me: Did you have a good day?
B: Yes
Me: Did you eat all of your lunch? (she ate the school lunch today)
B: I ate all of my chicken and some of my mashed potatoes, but not all because they weren't as good as Mimi's
Me: What did you learn today?
B: A lot of rules!
Me: Who did you play with the most?
B: Miley
Me: Who did you sit next to at lunch?
B: Miley
Me: What was your favorite part of the day?
B: All of it
I hope Bennett's enthusiasm doesn't wane, and the rest of the year goes as well as today did for her! She is a precious little girl who we love more than words.
