
Around this time every year, I hear about my friends who visit the various pumpkin patches in the area. Old Baker Farm is one of those places, and sadly I have not been there (or to any others) since I've lived in Alabama. Bennett went here last year with her 4K class, but for some reason I didn't go with her. I didn't want to make the same mistake twice, and was so happy I elected to go this year.
It was a beautiful Fall day...sunny and mid 70s! All of the kindergarten classes from Shades Cahaba rode out on buses with the teachers, but the parents drove separately. As I drove towards the property, all I saw were beautiful cotton fields.
 |
| Bennett, Foster and Katharine |
Once we got the instructions from the teachers, each little group of kids (another mother and I had three), got their scavenger list. They immediately began checking items off their lists as we toured the farm, learning about cotton, petting a couple farm animals, going through a hay maze, enjoying our lunch in a stinky barn, and finally visiting the pumpkin patch via a hay ride! Of course, all of these activities kept us there for most of the day!
 |
| Bennett picking cotton |
 |
| Basket of cotton that the kindergartners filled in 15 minutes! |