Steve and I are absolutely THRILLED to announce that we have another bun in the oven!
YES .... WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!
| confirming it, over and over |
It wasn't until I began selling baby things on Craig's List or at consignment stores that the real sadness set in for me. After discussing it more, we decided we needed to give it a little longer. But before we kept doing what we were doing (which wasn't working), we had my OB run some tests (Feb 2012). Thankfully, all looked good inside of me, and Steve was in great shape. The first mode of fertility is usually Clomed, which she thought would work for me, so I immediately started that. After a miscarriage, and bad bedside manner dealing with it, we decided to switch OBs in March.
That doctor continued with the Clomed for several months, slowing increasing the dosage, but nothing positive occurred, except "chemical pregnancies." Basically that is when you get a positive pregnancy test, but it never goes further than that. Dr. McKee decided after three months to pull the plug on my fertility, and refer us to a specialist (since time was not on our side).
Dr. Long and the ART Fertility Clinic ended up being a huge blessing. Dr. Long is a compassionate, funny man who never rushes me out of his office. He is honest, yet kind...a tough combination for a doctor. He met with Steve and I and tried to gauge our expectations, and explained the risk-reward ratio of different fertility methods. Since Clomed and I did not get along (I had WILD mood swings), he immediately pulled me from that and tried a different drug, Follistim. Once again we had several "chemical pregnancies." By December, I was tired of crying all of the time and finally agreed to the laparoscopic surgery that he wanted me to do months before. As it turned out, I did have some endometriosis (which he removed). After waiting the proper amount of time, we finally got back on track with another round of fertility (what we had decided after 3 months off as our FINAL month).
Since we had somewhat succumbed to the fact that we were just going to be a family of four, we were shocked to take a pregnancy test and have it be positive. I took one for several days in a row before I called the clinic for an appointment (trying to verify that it wasn't another chemical one). So you can imagine our happiness when we went in for the initial ultrasound and saw the sac. Several days later we went back and actually saw the heart beat!
We remained cautious, but week after week, baby Miz continued to flourish. The heart rate got stronger, it grew and we watched it develop right before our eyes! I have had weekly appointments for the past 7 weeks, and have not complained once, as it is such a blessing to be reassured each week. Last week I saw it wiggle, so Dr. Long said my chances for miscarriage declined significantly. Today the baby moved all over the place... flipping, kicking and the technician was able to get a wonderful close-up of its legs crossed and of it waving to us. We loved seeing its little toes and fingers....GOD IS GREAT!
| May 10th (5 wk 4 d) June 3rd (9 weeks) |
| June 12th: legs crossed and waving at us (10 wk 2 d) |