Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Karate Chopping

Walker is only 3.5 years old, but it was time to get him involved in something.  The poor child has been dragged to every sporting event of his older siblings for the past three years, so it was HIS turn to have an activity.  I wanted it to be something simple, something that could allow him to get out some energy and I wanted him to learn some discipline.  I had my sights set on karate, and was thrilled to see it was offered as an after school activity at his preschool.

One day after school he attended a trial class.  He broke a thin board, and was hooked!  I enrolled him, and he has been going weekly since then.  There are only three little boys in his class, so he is getting plenty of attention.

The boys are doing frog jumps (to improve flexibility), front kicks, rolls and punches.  Walker is really enjoying his 45 minute class each week.  I look forward to seeing if it starts to click and he chooses to proceed with this as he gets older.


Walker and his buddy, Winston