Friday, June 29, 2018

Happy 4 1/2 Birthday!!!

Poor Walker has a birthday five days after Christmas.  It hasn't really been a big deal, but he is getting to the age where he is more aware of his surroundings.  In addition, he has been invited to many birthday parties this past year.  The combination of these two things had him asking multiple times a week when he was going to have his own birthday party.  It is amazing how busy we are during the school year, so as his half birthday was approaching, I realized I had to just plan it.

Since Walker loves all things art, I decided to go with a painting party.  This was something I did years ago for Bennett, but we put a twist on it for our little guy.  Thankful for Pinterest and a helpful big sister that helped me plan and throw the party.


The week of his party, Walker went with me to Hobby Lobby to get all of the supplies for his birthday.  He was super excited for multiple friends to come over at the same time, and to open presents.  Overall, I was pleased with how it turned out, and all of the kids had a blast!  It was much hotter than I wanted it to be, but at least it wasn't raining.
variety of colored plates, napkins and forks





our attempt at "paintbrushes"

Let the painting begin!

Our little Picasso

A trampoline and a sprinkler - so much fun!


Making a wish for more birthday parties!
Preston was at camp :(
As all of the kids were leaving, Walker snuck upstairs and tore into all of his presents without us.  He opened them all up and laid them out on a sofa.  He was super excited!  What a fun morning celebrating my favorite 4.5 year old!