| Walker drew and painted this all by himself (step by step) |
The spoiling continued on Saturday, when Bennett and Steve came home that morning with my favorite flowers, lilies and hydrangeas, along with a gift card for a mani and pedi! Bennett heard me complaining that I never had time to get it done during the week, so they gave it to me early so I could use it that afternoon (before Mother's Day and another busy week). The next morning, Steve let me sleep in. He got up with Beck, and then kept the kids quiet and in the front of the house so I wouldn't hear them.
When I finally rolled out of bed, they had coffee and a cut grapefruit ready for me. Then the cards and homemade presents were presented, followed up by a great big breakfast that Steve lovingly cooked for me.
| from Preston |
It was a rainy dreary morning, so we stayed in and rented a movie. We drank prosecco and just chilled until we went to Myra's later that afternoon. Of course she cooked for all of us on her mother's day, but she wouldn't have it any other way. I'm pretty lucky to have an awesome mother and mother-in-law too! What a fantastic day!