Thursday, June 13, 2019

Happy 12th Birthday Bennett!

A selfie I found on my phone of B which I adore!
So our first born just continues to get older, and more beautiful before our eyes.  This year her birthday fell on the last day of school, which wasn't very exciting for her.  We tried to find a date that worked for friends, but she hadn't been feeling well the whole last week of school, and then many friends left immediately for vacations.  We ended up having a low-key celebration at Taco Mama as a family and with her bestie, Ada McElroy.

Our plan was to postpone her celebration until mid June when folks were back in town, and things were a little less hectic.  She asked to have a sleepover with a handful of her friends.  Thankfully her friends are super easy, so I accommodated.  We ordered pizza for them, they watched movies and
presents and donuts are 2 of B's favorite things
talked until late, and then we went to Waffle House for breakfast.  Afterwards, I dropped them off at Target so they could walk around and shop.  These 12 year olds are just growing up and turning into mini teenagers.

Bennett continues to be a responsible, caring friend/daughter/sibling with a tad of attitude and lots of sarcasm.  She worked her butt off all 6th grade, and did great with all A's and only two B's all year!  She made show choir and peer helpers, and I look forward to watching her blossom even more this next year.  We love you B and hope you have a terrific 12th year!!

homemade cookies for the bday girl!

Bennett and Ada McElroy
Annie McBride, Ella Serotsky, Ada and Bennett